From March 25 to April 3, fans around the world weighed the pros and cons of their favorite Monopoly house rules on the Monopoly Facebook page. This past Friday, Hasbro announced the top five house rules, which will be featured in future Monopoly games. They are:
- Free Parking, Fast Cash: All taxes and fees are collected in the middle of the game board, and if a player lands on Free Parking, they collect it.
- Dash for the Cash: Players who land on Go! get to double their salary—400 Monopoly(M) Dollars instead of 200M Dollars.
- Frozen Assets Rule: When in jail, a player cannot collect any rent money from other players.
- See the Sights: Players must travel around the board one complete time before they can begin buying properties.
- Lucky Roller: If a player rolls Snake Eyes—double ones—they collect 500M Dollars.
Fans will find the top five house rules in the Monopoly: House Rules edition game, available in select markets this fall. The chosen rules will also be included in the Monopoly game guide beginning next year.