The Toy Book‘s July/August issue showcases new dolls for mass and specialty retail. We received dozens of submissions fit to print, beyond what fit on our printed pages. Here’s a look at a couple more!
Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy Collection
Aurora’s Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy Collection, based on the dolls originally created by Johhn Gruelle in 1918 for his daughter, features dolls in four different sized—eight, 12, 16, and 25 inches. Each features yarn hair with the classic loop style and has “I Love You” embroidered on the chest. Larger dolls have plastic eyes, while the smaller dolls have embroidered eyes.
Pinypon, a new world of creative play featuring collectible and customizable mini-dolls, pets, play sets, and vehicles, is a colorful collection of interchangeable friends. With Pinypon, from Famosa America, girls can swap outfits, accessories, hairstyles, and even faces to create their own special friend. The more dolls, the more characters girls can create for hours of imaginative, fun, and engaging play time. Girls can store the accessories inside the doll to avoid any lost pieces. Eight basic figures are available with additional figures in multi-packs, themed packs, and play sets including:
- Caravan: Picnic table, pool, chairs, surfboards and more
- Mini Doll Flower Set: Vibrantly colored with life-like scented flowers
- Mini Doll Mermaid Set: Fun sea creature pets;
- Sweetheart Set: Dual figure sets with a boy and girl;
- Travel Bag Set: Take-them-with you figure pet and accessories;
- Travel the World Set: New York and Paris-themed sets with pets and accessories;
- Super Cool Car: Lock up and go with the cool and fashionable car;
- Hotel Set: Figures, pets, pool, juice bar terrace and pet play area;
- Shopping Center Set: Candy shop, fashion boutique, sunglasses store, movie theater, and two figure sets and accessories.
This post was originally written by Sierra McCleary-Harris and published by ToyBook.com. For more news, visit www.toybook.com, follow The Toy Book on Twitter, and like The Toy Book on Facebook. The Toy Book is a bimonthly trade magazine covering the toy industry, published by Adventure Publishing Group.