In the video, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and sidekick Rex venture into outer space to battle the evil Emperor Zurg. Using stop-motion animation, this video combines old techniques with new concepts to create a modern animated short for Toy Story fans everywhere.
Facts about the video:
- It took a crew of eight people more than 1,300 hours in a span of four weeks to complete the Toymation video.
- Every second needed 12 frames of pictures.
- Every shot needed at least three takes, many of which had to be done separately with each toy and then placed together later.
- Each toy had to be taken apart and reassembled with wire and museum putty in order to be rigged properly to animate.
- The dust bunnies were created from an old carpet the team almost threw out right before production on the Toymation project began.
- The crew made five trips to the supermarket to clear out their asparagus, big broccoli heads, and artichokes to build the vegetable forest set.