According to retail sales data from The NPD Group, year to date through October, the doll category is entering the holiday season with dollar sales up 1 percent compared to year ago. The Fashion Themed Dolls segment is the main driver of this growth with year-over-year sales growth of 6 percent through October.
This increase is due not only to several new brands such as My Little Pony Equestria Girls and Sofia The First, but also growth in some of last year’s more popular brands, including Monster High, Doc McStuffins, and Lalaloopsy.
Within dolls, other subclasses that have experienced strong growth are Fashion Styling & Dressup and Fashion Themed Clothes, which include items such as Monster High Fashion Sets and Barbie Ultimate Closet.
The following lists the Top 15 Fashion Doll items for the last 13 weeks ending November 9, ranked on dollar sales and in alphabetical order:
- Barbie Feature Horse, from Mattel
- Disney Sparkle Princess Asst, from Mattel
- Holiday Barbie 2013, from Mattel
- Lalaloopsy Asst, from MGA Entertainment
- Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Asst, from MGA Entertainment
- Monster High 13 Wishes Asst, from Mattel
- Monster High Catty Noir Friday The 13th, from Mattel
- Monster High Classroom 2 Pack Doll Asst, from Mattel
- Monster High Dance Class Dolls Asst, from Mattel
- Monster High Doll Asst, from Mattel
- Monster High Music Festival Asst, from Mattel
- Monster High Scaris Asst, from Mattel
- My Little Pony Equestria Girls Asst, from Hasbro Toys
- My Little Pony Equestria Girls Deluxe Doll With Accessories Asst, from Hasbro Toys
- Sofia The First Talking Sofia And Animal Friends, from Mattel