The Toy Association invites all members to submit candidates for seats on its Board of Directors. Nominations are due on Friday, Dec. 8.
The Board is responsible for the management and control of the activities, property, and affairs of the Association, including its strategic direction, annual budget, and the scope of responsibilities of its committees.
In the nomination process, the following criteria will be considered by the Nominating Committee for each nominee:
- Commitment to attend, in-person, three regularly scheduled Board meetings each year and, as appropriate, other relevant Association-sponsored trade shows, consumer shows, and events such as Toy Fair, DC Fly-In, and PlayCon;
- Commitment to consistently act in a neutral manner and represent the best interests of the industry rather than carrying forward any individual or corporate agendas;
- Commitment to actively participate on at least one Association committee;
- Consideration of participation in the Toy Industry Foundation and TOYPAC activities;
- Significant professional skills and experience (e.g., finance, law, marketing, design, retailing, etc.) that may be of value to the Board;
- Holds a senior position within his/her company (i.e., owner/CEO/president position or close thereto); and,
- Established experience in the toy industry.
Nominations will be evaluated to ensure that The Toy Association Board represents diversity including diversity in company size and type.
Nominations received by the deadline will be referred to the Nominating Committee, and recommendations from that Committee will be subsequently balloted for election by the full membership of The Toy Association at the 2018 Annual General Meeting held in conjunction with the 115th North American International Toy Fair in New York City on Monday, February 19, 2018.
Newly elected Board members will begin a two-year term of office beginning at The Toy Association’s Annual General Meeting. Board members may be re-elected for two additional consecutive two-year terms.
Nominations should be submitted to:
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
The Toy Association, Inc.
1375 Broadway, Suite 1001
New York, NY 10018
Tel: 646.520.4842| Fax: 212.807.1854