Aurora World partnered with tokidoki to create a line of plush with the distinctive tokidoki look. Aurora joins other licensees to launch a tokidoki plush universe at department and specialty stores next year.
The company’s 2016 highlights include:
- Gnomlins: Five small gnomes with colorful oversized hats, large noses, and fluffy white beards.
- Sea Sparkles: Seven different sea sirens that feature hair colors from blonde, pink, turquoise and more, with sparkly matching or contrasting tails. Ideal for beach or pool play, Sea Sparkles are available as 18-inch dolls and 7-inch clip-ons.
- YooHoo & Friends: Aurora’s most popular plush animal line, YooHoo & Friends added sea life and “mini balls” to the collection. Based on animals around the world, most YooHoo & Friends animals make a sound when squeezed, and hangtags describe each YooHoo character in detail. The new sea life additions include an assortment of friendly fish as well as pink and blue sting rays. YooHoo & Friends mini balls are a new assortment of six soft and squishy round characters.
- Aurora Baby: The new Loppy Giraffe is a natural colored jungle friend with embroidered eyes. Loppy Giraffe is available as a satin-lined “blankee” that also serves as a hand puppet, a wind-up musical toy that plays “Brahms Lullaby,” or as a rattle.
- Fabbies: A new collection made of tweed-like material instead of “fur.” Meant for all ages, the six items include five dogs and one cat.
- Fizzies: Eleven fuzzy plush pals, Fizzels are fashioned in a new higher-pile multi-colored plush that are easy to hug. The line includes new lemon and pink Tipsy Triceratop.
- Rolly Pets: A new line, these seven plush critters fit in the palm of your hand and sit or “roll” on their backs. Rolly Pets include Frisk Mouse and Merry Hedgehog.
- Candy Confettis: A colorful new line of soft sherbet-colored teddy bears with jewled hearts or glitter noses. Available in six colors.
- Classic Teddy Bears: Aurora’s classic teddy bear line, the new additions include Brindle, the Icy Bear Trio, Horace, Smokey, and Buxley.
Aurora World has relaunched its website, auroragift.com, with the objective to improve users online experience.
The site offers a cleaner design that is easier for users to navigate, with clearer accessibility to Aurora World’s most popular categories: Sea Sparkles, Miyoni, Gnomes, and My Little Pony. Visitors also have the ability to search by theme, brand, or license, and the site offers easier exhibition for their more than 3,500 products, as well as easier transitions between mobile devices.
Aurora World is opening a permanent showroom at AmericasMart Atlanta, a facility that Aurora has operated since 1993. The new showroom will make its debut at the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market from July 7 to 14. [Read more...]
Aurora World Inc. will celebrate Raggedy Ann’s 100th birthday with the release of special edition, 16-inch Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy rag dolls. These new Stars and Stripes dolls each feature a red, white, and blue theme; exclusive 100th year embroidery; and commemorative hangtags on every doll. [Read more...]
Aurora World Inc. is adding to its My Little Pony plush collection with 12 new ponies featuring styled, brushable hair with glistening, mylar accents. These 12 new styles feature characters Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Princess Twilight Sparkle in both 6.5-inch and new 13-inch, medium sizes.
Aurora will showcase its latest products at both The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market on January 6 to 13, and North American International Toy Fair on February 14 to 17.
Although Halloween just passed and we’re only heading toward the holiday season, sometimes its fun to think ahead. To get you through the dreary winter with thoughts of spring, Aurora World Inc. is offering more than 180 Easter- and spring-themed plush products highlighted by new designs and materials, extensions of lines, and extensive programs for its retail partners.
Featured products include the Lopsie Wopsie Bunny and Sweet & Softer collections, as well as Miyoni Unlikely Friends, an animal pairing for one of Aurora’s popular lines. Aurora and Hasbro have teamed up again to expand the Raggedy Ann doll collection with a new Gardener edition.
Plush toy and gift manufacturer, Aurora World, Inc., is known for doing big things in the retail world, especially to anticipate a holiday season. For its upcoming Valentine’s Day catalog Aurora is releasing new products, including fresh characters and variations of popular lines and licenses.
- Pink Promise Elephant – The loveable elephant is fashioned with super soft-tipped, two-tone fabric and has playful heart prints in its oversized ears. Pink Promise is available in four huggable sizes (10.5-inch, 12-inch, 14-inch, and 22-inch).
- YooHoo & Friends – Luvee, an endangered chimpanzee joins Aurora’s best-selling plush line as a three-color assortment. Luvee hugs a slightly askew heart, each with a different message, including “Love U,” “Be Mine,” and “XOXO!” Each 5-inch plush makes a smooch sound when squeezed.
- Butterball Bear – This unique huggable bear features a sweet and happy smile while offering a red rose to his sweetheart. He’s thsi soft plush is available in three sizes (10-inch, 14-inch, and 20-inch).
- Raggedy Ann “Sweet Dove” – This 2,400-piece limited-edition doll features a pink and brown truffle-inspired polka dot cotton dress with a detailed, embroidered apron. She’s sprinkled with satins, ribbons, and love doves embroidery, and the hangtag and sewn label are individually numbered for authentication. Each Raggedy Ann features the traditional “I Love You” heart embroidered on her chest.
- Sad Sam & Honey – This property stars two basset hounds. Aurora has expanded the line to include three embroidered message assortments on sparkled, velvet hearts: “I Love You,” “Puppy Love,” and “Be Mine.” The line expansion also includes large “Blushing” variations; paws rest on their blushing cheeks that, when squeezed, light up and make a smooch sound and an oversized feature tag doubles as a gift card.
Aurora products are available in more than 25,000 specialty stores and gift shops worldwide as well as online at shop.auroragift.com.
Aurora World Inc., will donate thousands of new stuffed animals and baby products to K.I.D.S. (Kids in Distressed Situations), a charity that provides kid-essentials to children and teens who have been impacted by disaster, poverty, and tragedy. Hurricane Sandy hit close to home for Michael Kessler, Aurora’s SVP of sales and marketing who grew up in Cherry Hill, N.J. and spent summers in Ventnor, N.J.
Those who want to make a cash donation can text GIVE 8000 to 80088 to donate $10 to K.I.D.S. on your mobile phone bill. To make a larger donation, contact Cristina Morais at (212) 279-5493, ext. 204.