Breyer invites families to its 27th annual fan festival and horse fair, BreyerFest Carnival, to be held from July 22 to 24 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky. Breyerfest is dedicated to model horses that inspire Breyer’s models. In addition, as a tribute to the host country of the 2016 Olympic Games, Breyerfest will celebrate the ‘brio’ of Rio’s Carnival and Brazil’s equine heritage. [Read more...]
One lucky winner will receive a $1,000 shopping spree from Reeves International when it debuts its mid-year releases to retailers at the American Specialty Toy Retailer Association (ASTRA) Marketplace and Academy, scheduled for June 9 to 10. The key is the Breyer Golden Ticket, which can be found inside one of the complimentary ASTRA Tote Bags provided to all retailers attending the show.
The Breyer Golden Ticket has been inserted into one of the Wow Toys‘ My Pocket Friends surprise bags. Once found, the winner must return the ticket to the Reeves International Booth, #801, to select $1,000 in wholesale products from the Breyer range. This promotion is for brick and mortar specialty retailers who are ASTRA members in good standing.
The Toy Industry Association (TIA) and the Toy Industry Foundation (TIF) are showcasing a collection of toys and games that teach children about charity and social responsibility during a month-long “Christmas in July” media campaign. The toys and games shown below were featured in a television segment that aired this week on “6 In the Mix” on WTVJ (NBC) Miami.
- Hearts for Hearts, from Playmates Toys, features nine dolls from around the world that each have a story to share about female empowerment. Every doll purchased results in a donation to a program that helps girls around the world.
- Wonder Glow Blocks, from Wonderworld Toys, are environmentally-friendly solid wood blocks that support a year-round program called the Tree Plus Project, a tree planting initiative.
- Happy Nappers, from Jay at Play, are plush play pillows whose proceeds support the Home Sweet Home Fund benefitting the Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation.
- Harness the Healing Power of Horses, from Breyer, are pink horses. $1 from the sale of each will go to two breast cancer research organizations: Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- True Hope Dolls, from MGA Entertainment, consist of three Bratz dolls that support young girls and boys who suffer from hair loss or who are watching loved ones lose their hair from cancer treatments. $1 for every doll sold supports cancer research, treatment, and education at City of Hope.
This post was originally written by Sierra McCleary-Harris and published by ToyBook.com. For more news, visit www.toybook.com, follow The Toy Book on Twitter, and like The Toy Book on Facebook. The Toy Book is a bimonthly trade magazine covering the toy industry, published by Adventure Publishing Group.