Last week at Toy Fair, I was incredibly moved and encouraged to see so many toy companies giving from their compassionate hearts. When I was younger, I wanted to write about cancer research or world hunger. This week, Toy Fair reminded me that the toy business is an incredible outlet to make a huge difference, and these toy makers are using the toy industry to teach kids the importance of giving, love, and compassion. I’ve fallen in love with a handful of toy makers who are using their platform to make a real difference. Toys may seem trivial, but aren’t kids the ones in whom we delegate our future? [Read more...]
Bunnies By The Bay is launching a new spring Hareytales collection, entitled Who’s A Bunny?, featuring artwork of storybook characters Bud, Tadbit, Skipit, and Emmie. The collection is aimed at new learners ages 6 to 18 months, and includes apparel, soft toys, baby dish sets, soft books, and blankets.
The Who’s a Bunny? collection includes:
- Four board books with soft printed velour covers that offer bright colors and insight for small hands. The titles include, Are You a Bunny?, How Many Bugs?, Where’s Puppy?, and What Color Am I?.
- A Who’s a Bunny? soft book, featuring super soft velour and bright illustrations.
- Four Who’s a Bunny? soft blocks, featuring a series of delightful and familiar Bunnies By The Bay characters, warm colors, and bright images, including a mirror and a carrying case.
- Soft, lovable 12-inch toys, Busy Pup Pup and Busy Bun Bun, each with interactive features to keep babies entertained and stimulated.
- Rattle Me’s featuring three colorful favorite characters, easy-to-hold-onto shapes, and a sound that babies and parents alike will love.
- Two teethers made of all-natural rubber give babies something safe and satisfying to chew on. These are available in Baby Bud and Peanut (pink and gray).
- The soft, squishy, and colorful Who’s a Bunny? ball.
- The Who’s a Bunny? blanket, which is full of carrots and color, and measures 30” by 30”. The blanket asks, “Who’s a bunny?” and answers, “This is a bunny… Let’s hop!”
- Shaky Friends featuring colorful characters, soft rings, and a strap for easy attaching, playing in the crib, or taking on the go.
- Who’s a Bunny? melamine dish sets, offering a fun message such as, “Don’t Quack with Your Mouth Full!,” “Lick it Up!,” “Nibbling is Delightful!,” and “Bugs are Vegetables Too!”
- Bibs with favorite characters and messages that include “Lick it up!,” “Bugs are vegetables too,” “Peas Pass the Carrots,” and “More Quackers Please.”
- Finally, the collection includes one-piece bodysuits, or “bunsies,” available in sizes 3 to 6 months, 6 to 9 months, and 9 to 12 months. They feature the fun phrases, “No Sniffing,” “Ribbit Ribbit,” “Hip Hop,” and “Daisy Fresh” in various colors and styles.
Red Thread is bringing more hearts and minds together through a new collection of soft, sweet toys for both little ones and adults who are truly kids at heart. They recognize that everyone longs to be connected to someone who loves them and believes that every heart is connected by an invisible red thread, which sparked the inspiration for this new collection. Products introduced by the collection are The Wobbly Friends, Little Big Friends, Wee Friends, Scraggly Friends, Welcome to the Jungle, and Be Elfish, Not Selfish.
In support and celebration of this new collection, Bunnies By The Bay is also bringing together several organizations that support orphans and abandoned children in the U.S and worldwide, and giving a percentage of proceeds to global charities and nonprofits. Half the Sky is an organization that offers the love and concern of family for thousands of orphaned children in China who have lost theirs. Worldwide Orphans works to transform the lives of orphaned children to help them become healthy, independent, productive members of their communities and the world.
Bunnies By The Bay debuts its new Blossom and Skipit products from the Glad Dreams collection. This marks the company’s first collection of soft books and wooden toys, which will be available during fall of this year. The new line of Blossom and Skipit Busy Toys includes a Blossom themed soft book, rattle, and pull toy, as well as a Skipit themed soft book, rattle, and pull toy.
Kids Preferred, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of plush toys and gifts, recently added Bunnies By The Bay to its growing collection of offerings for babies, toddlers, and kids.