Tomy has launched its Chuggington Die-Cast Railway, featuring a revolutionary track system that lets toy train enthusiasts stack their track “as high as the sky.” Budding engineers can build spiraling track layouts with this innovative track system engineered for stability and durability. Every action-packed playset in the Chuggington Die-Cast Railway can be built multiple ways, encouraging young imaginations to create, construct, and play.
Based on Ludorum’s popular animated series and inspired by Chuggington’s modern characters and fast-paced adventures, Tomy’s Chuggington Die-Cast Railway allows fans to spend countless imaginative hours with a whole new play experience. Easy to connect and simple enough for preschoolers to build on their own, the new track system is a durable and sturdy solution for adding elevation to train sets and creating amazing action. Chuggington Die-Cast Railway is available at all major retailers.
Featured sets available at launch include:
- Chuggington Die-Cast Railway Wilson’s Wild Ride Playset The new track design featured in this playset allows little conductors to build a spiral more than 2 feet tall. Pull the lever when Wilson enters the storm machine to activate storm sounds and to launch Wilson. Wilson shoots down the 360-degree spiral, past the spinning sign, past the popping cones, and onto the turntable, where he whips around 720 degrees. Set can create four different track layouts and is designed for children ages 3 and up.
- Chuggington Die-Cast Railway Portable Double Decker Roundhouse Playset This iconic Chuggington locale is a must-have. The Roundhouse does double duty as a portable engine storage case. When little conductors are ready to play, just connect the turntable and snap in the track. This destination also features an innovative elevating turntable that raises and spins. Includes a Die-Cast Brewster engine and was designed for children ages 3 and up.
- Chuggington Die-Cast Railway Stunt Brewster Playset Inspired by the episode Stunt Brewster, this action packed starter set features Brewster. Brewster flies down the hill, crashes through the lights, soars over the jump, and rides through the tunnel. The track can also be transformed into a traditional oval layout.
- Chuggington Die-Cast Railway Koko’s Old Town Tour Playset Enter through the arch to tour Old Town. Go up the hill and over the turntable. Also includes the steam whistle gate and Old Town Koko. Set can create three different layouts.
- Chuggington Die-Cast Railway Koko’s Icy Escapade Playset Inspired by the episode Wilson’s Icy Escapade, this action playset features icy Koko and the Ice Cave. Koko has to be careful going across the rickety bridge with the ice cargo. Pick up the ice in the cargo car, crash through the ice gates, and deliver the cargo to the top. Set can create three different layouts.
- Chuggington Die-Cast Railway Brewster’s Big City Adventure Playset Help Brewster pick up his delivery. Oh no! Brewster is stuck! Don’t worry, Action Chugger will rescue him. Action Chugger flies down from the sky, jumps onto the track, and speeds down the collapsing bridge to rescue Brewster. Includes scrap metal Brewster with cargo car and lights and sounds Action Chugger. Set can create seven different layouts.
This post was originally written by Sierra McCleary-Harris and published by ToyBook.com. For more news, visit www.toybook.com, follow The Toy Book on Twitter, and like The Toy Book on Facebook. The Toy Book is a bimonthly trade magazine covering the toy industry, published by Adventure Publishing Group.