Just Play and MEG Toys have signed a master toy licensing deal for the Puppy In My Pocket property for North America, South America, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia. Under the agreement, Just Play will manufacture and distribute figures, accessories, and play sets based on MEG Toys’ evergreen brand of collectible, pocket-sized puppies. [Read more...]
Following the box office success of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Disney Consumer Products will launch new toys for the holiday season. The product release will coincide with the DVD and Blu-Ray launch of the film on December 9.
The new toy and collectible lineup will include KIDdesigns‘ Dancing Groot toy. Other key products include Funko‘s POP! Marvel: Dancing Groot Bobble-head, Funko’s Fabrikations Guardians of the Galaxy–Rocket Raccoon collectible, Hot Wheels‘ Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon Character Cars, Just Play’s Rocket Raccoon Plush, and Dragon Models’ Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Star-Lord Model Kit.
On Thanksgiving weekend, Toys “R” Us will offer more than $8,000 in potential toy savings to holiday shoppers. Toys “R” Us stores nationwide will open at 5 p.m. on November 27, and from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., 4-hour doorbuster deals will include discounts on Disney Infinity Starter Packs and figures; Skylanders Trap Team Starter Packs, figures, and Traps; the V-Tech InnoTab 3S Connect; Frozen Jumbo Olaf Plush, from Just Play; and more.
Meanwhile, selected deals available on November 28 from 7 a.m. through November 29, as well as online at toysrus.com, include buy one, get one for 40 percent off on Disney Infinity and Skylanders Trap Team items, certain Disney Frozen toys, and more.
Toys “R” Us will also provide exclusive, early access to Black Friday deals on more than 100 items, both in-store and online, to Rewards “R” Us members beginning November 23. Not only can Rewards “R” Us members accumulate points on their purchases, those points can be applied to Toys “R” Us shopping into the new year.
In addition, throughout November and December, “R”Us credit cardholders are eligible to receive discounts off Toys “R” Us purchases when using their “R”Us credit card in-store on Thursdays, including Thanksgiving. Through December 20, existing cardholders can also save 10 percent every Saturday when they use their “R”Us credit card in-store.
Finally, the majority of Toys “R” Us Thanksgiving Weekend deals will be available starting on November 26 at 10 p.m. ET at toysrus.com/blackfriday.
Marvel Entertainment, in conjunction with Disney Consumer Products, has unveiled a product collection to celebrate the new film, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Licensees for the products include Hasbro, Lego, Disguise, Hot Wheels, Her Universe, Café Press, Mad Engine, Just Play, KidDesigns, Rubie’s, C-Life, Jay Franco, and the Disney Store. Products in the line include action figures, plush, play sets, role play, costumes, and ’80s nostalgia-inspired lifestyle products.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy products are available now at national retailers, specialty stores, Marvel.com, Disney store locations nationwide, and DisneyStore.com. The movie opens in theaters on August 1.
The thing that I like most about Disney’s Frozen was that it played with the idea of a typical Disney Princess movie. It touches on the idea of falling in love and being engaged within hours of meeting each other and changes the way the audience thinks about typical princesses and princes. There is, of course, a curse that’s lifted by “an act of true love,” but this act comes from (spoiler alert!) one of sisterly love rather than romantic love. A lot of the plot is focuses on the two royal sisters, Anna and Elsa, and the animation is so spectacular as it brings this truly magical story to life.
To go along with this great movie, Mattel has introduced an entire line of toys that capture the lively, magical spirit of Frozen. With quirky characters (Olaf!), Frozen quickly becomes a new Disney favorite, and the toys are sure to have the same effect on any toy box.
One of my favorite toys from this line is the Disney Frozen Musical Magic Elsa and Anna Dolls. These dolls feature glittery and glamorous gowns, but I think also do a fantastic job of capturing the familial bonds that are so important to the movie’s story. When kids hold the dolls hands, the dolls hold each other’s hands, OR you create a circle of humans and dolls holding hands, Anna and Elsa magically light up and play enchanting music. [Read more...]
To commemorate the release of Walt Disney Animation Studios‘ film Frozen, Disney Consumer Products (DCP) will release a diverse new product collection of role-play items, plush stuffed animals, dolls, and more. These products are available now from Mattel, Just Play, and other licensees at mass retailers nationwide, as well as at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com.
Disney’s Frozen chronicles the epic quest of fearless Anna to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Highlights from Disney’s Frozen product line include:
- Disney Frozen Musical Magic Elsa and Anna Dolls, from Mattel: When kids hold their hands—or when they hold each other’s hands—the dolls magically light up and play enchanting music.
- Disney Frozen Pull Apart and Talkin’ Olaf, from Just Play: Olaf’s nose, head, and torso all temporarily separate and then safely rejoin, recreating memorable moments from the film. Plush Olaf also says funny phrases from the movie.
- Frozen Rolling Travel Trunk, from Jakks Pacific: Kids can dress up like Anna and Elsa with two beautiful dresses and tons of accessories, then pack everything up and roll the trunk to their next destination.
- Frozen Storybook Deluxe, from Disney Publishing: In Disney Publishing’s digital Storybook Deluxe app, Elsa and Anna retell the animated feature Frozen from two points of view.
- Frozen: A Sister More Like Me by Disney Publishing: A jacketed picture book featuring an original story about Anna and Elsa, as well as illustrations by one of the artists who worked on the film.
- Frozen Big Golden Book by Random House: An illustrated hardcover Big Golden Book based on the film, suitable for kids ages 3 to 7.
When I was a kid, my mom worried about my sister’s obsessive interest in Barbie dolls and various baby dolls—not that there is anything wrong with these little girl staples. I think she just wanted to make sure that Anna understood that there was more to look forward to than having babies, looking like Barbie, and finding her Ken. When we got a little older, we had a board game called Mystery Date, where the sole objective was to find your perfect cutie for a mystery date. Similar to this was Dream Phone, a game that revolved around calling every boy in the deck of playing cards until you found Mr. Right. Maybe, though, rock bottom was Mall Madness, a game in which the winner is the girl who finds the best sale at the mall. And our parents wonder why we were boy-crazed teenagers who most loved to frequent the mall, meanwhile our brother, Jesse, is attending medical school—I blame my parents.
There’s a new toy that really got me thinking about this: Doc McStuffins Get Better Check-Up Center, from Just Play, based on the Doc McStuffins series, from Disney Junior. This center includes 10 pieces that will make kids wish they were in the medical field. It’s perfect for role play—this time as a doctor, not a boy-crazy professional shopper. The set includes Lambie, featured in Disney Junior’s Doc McStuffins series, and she will play patient to Doc McStuffins, activating sounds and phrases. There is a light-up x-ray machine, a movable scale, a growth chart, and a Band-Aid dispenser. This set could keep kids busy for hours, and it includes lights and sound for Doc McStuffins diagnosis. [Read more...]
A brand-new Tickety Toc toy line, from Just Play, has come to Toys “R” Us to be the first-ever toy range based on the Nick Jr. preschool series from Zodiac Kids. The line features all of Tickety Town’s loveable friends through interactive trains and playsets, huggable talking dolls and plush, collectible figurines, and more.
The new Tickety Toc toy line for kids ages 3 and up features an assortment of imagination-inspiring playthings available at Toys “R” Us stores nationwide and online at toysrus.com, including:
- Tickety Toc Clockhouse: Preschoolers can recreate Tickety Toc adventures with this special play set. Young fans can give Pufferty a push around the track, take the twins on-board, and turn the special cogs to open the Clockhouse doors, unlocking more fun inside. With endless escapades to embark on, this play set is “right on time” to deliver tons of fun for young Chime Timers. The set includes the Clockhouse, Tommy and Tallulah figurines, and a Pufferty mini train and track system.
- Tickety Toc Musical Pufferty Train: Kids can press the smoke stack on the playful Pufferty train to hear the Tickety Toc theme song play as they take Tommy and Tallulah for a ride. The rocking see-saw and spinning seat help keep the fun going. The set includes the Pufferty Train and figurines of Tommy, Tallulah, and their friend Tooteroo.
- Tommy and Tallulah Talking Dolls: Fans of the Tickety Toc series can relive their favorite chime time escapades with these 10-inch, interactive Tommy and Tallulah dolls. Based on the show’s twins, the dolls each say several recognizable phrases and sing the show’s theme song.
- Tommy and Tallulah Mini Plush: These new beanies are mini versions of twins Tommy and Tallulah—and the perfect cuddly companions for young Tick Tocketeers to take along on their own adventures.
- Tickety Toc Tommy and Tallulah Figures with Accessories: These pocket-sized figurines of Tommy and Tallulah deliver big fun for the preschool set. Each comes complete with their own must-have accessories, perfect for recreating scenes straight from the show.
- Tickety Toc Multi-Pack Figurines: This special multi-pack collection features everyone’s favorite Tickety Town friends. The set includes twins Tommy and Tallulah, Hopparoo, Madame Au Lait, McCoggins and Tooteroo.
Wonder Forge has recently secured game licensing rights to Tickety Toc through a multi-year partnership with Zodiak Kids, brokered by U.S. licensing agent Established Brands. Tickety Toc airs seven days a week on Nick Jr. The partnership is the latest in a string of properties secured by Wonder Forge.
Wonder Forge will debut its Tickety Toc Matching Game this fall through an exclusive retail partnership with Toys “R” Us and will launch additional signature games next year. A multi-category consumer products program will launch in North America this fall led by master toy partner Just Play and home entertainment partner Anchor Bay Entertainment.
Tickety Toc features Tommy and Tallulah and their friends as they race against time to keep the clock ticking. Through Tommy and Tallulah’s madcap adventures, Tickety Toc explores concepts of teamwork, social responsibility, and problem solving.