Last week at Toy Fair, I was incredibly moved and encouraged to see so many toy companies giving from their compassionate hearts. When I was younger, I wanted to write about cancer research or world hunger. This week, Toy Fair reminded me that the toy business is an incredible outlet to make a huge difference, and these toy makers are using the toy industry to teach kids the importance of giving, love, and compassion. I’ve fallen in love with a handful of toy makers who are using their platform to make a real difference. Toys may seem trivial, but aren’t kids the ones in whom we delegate our future? [Read more...]
Plush toy and gift manufacturer, Aurora World, Inc., is known for doing big things in the retail world, especially to anticipate a holiday season. For its upcoming Valentine’s Day catalog Aurora is releasing new products, including fresh characters and variations of popular lines and licenses.
- Pink Promise Elephant – The loveable elephant is fashioned with super soft-tipped, two-tone fabric and has playful heart prints in its oversized ears. Pink Promise is available in four huggable sizes (10.5-inch, 12-inch, 14-inch, and 22-inch).
- YooHoo & Friends – Luvee, an endangered chimpanzee joins Aurora’s best-selling plush line as a three-color assortment. Luvee hugs a slightly askew heart, each with a different message, including “Love U,” “Be Mine,” and “XOXO!” Each 5-inch plush makes a smooch sound when squeezed.
- Butterball Bear – This unique huggable bear features a sweet and happy smile while offering a red rose to his sweetheart. He’s thsi soft plush is available in three sizes (10-inch, 14-inch, and 20-inch).
- Raggedy Ann “Sweet Dove” – This 2,400-piece limited-edition doll features a pink and brown truffle-inspired polka dot cotton dress with a detailed, embroidered apron. She’s sprinkled with satins, ribbons, and love doves embroidery, and the hangtag and sewn label are individually numbered for authentication. Each Raggedy Ann features the traditional “I Love You” heart embroidered on her chest.
- Sad Sam & Honey – This property stars two basset hounds. Aurora has expanded the line to include three embroidered message assortments on sparkled, velvet hearts: “I Love You,” “Puppy Love,” and “Be Mine.” The line expansion also includes large “Blushing” variations; paws rest on their blushing cheeks that, when squeezed, light up and make a smooch sound and an oversized feature tag doubles as a gift card.
Aurora products are available in more than 25,000 specialty stores and gift shops worldwide as well as online at shop.auroragift.com.