The new Horses & Hearts Riding Club Collection at Build-A-Bear Workshop features realistic horses and accessories. The accessories include saddles, stables, bridles, and more. The horses’ manes and tails can be styled with a brush and hair extensions.
This summer, Kohl’s will sell children’s books from author and illustrator Salina Yoon as part of the Kohl’s Cares collection. The books and complementing accessories are priced at $5 each, with all of the profits benefiting kids’ health initiatives nationwide. The collection, which has raised almost $300 million to date, is available at all Kohl’s stores nationwide and Kohls.com now through the end of June. [Read more...]
Feature plush has come a long way, expanding far beyond plush toys that just talk or make sounds. This year, plush are more realistic and interactive than ever.
Last year, most interactive plush introductions responded to touch, voice, or movements. This year, companies continue to raise the standard, taking plush to the next level. [Read more...]
The company’s 2016 highlights include:
- Gnomlins: Five small gnomes with colorful oversized hats, large noses, and fluffy white beards.
- Sea Sparkles: Seven different sea sirens that feature hair colors from blonde, pink, turquoise and more, with sparkly matching or contrasting tails. Ideal for beach or pool play, Sea Sparkles are available as 18-inch dolls and 7-inch clip-ons.
- YooHoo & Friends: Aurora’s most popular plush animal line, YooHoo & Friends added sea life and “mini balls” to the collection. Based on animals around the world, most YooHoo & Friends animals make a sound when squeezed, and hangtags describe each YooHoo character in detail. The new sea life additions include an assortment of friendly fish as well as pink and blue sting rays. YooHoo & Friends mini balls are a new assortment of six soft and squishy round characters.
- Aurora Baby: The new Loppy Giraffe is a natural colored jungle friend with embroidered eyes. Loppy Giraffe is available as a satin-lined “blankee” that also serves as a hand puppet, a wind-up musical toy that plays “Brahms Lullaby,” or as a rattle.
- Fabbies: A new collection made of tweed-like material instead of “fur.” Meant for all ages, the six items include five dogs and one cat.
- Fizzies: Eleven fuzzy plush pals, Fizzels are fashioned in a new higher-pile multi-colored plush that are easy to hug. The line includes new lemon and pink Tipsy Triceratop.
- Rolly Pets: A new line, these seven plush critters fit in the palm of your hand and sit or “roll” on their backs. Rolly Pets include Frisk Mouse and Merry Hedgehog.
- Candy Confettis: A colorful new line of soft sherbet-colored teddy bears with jewled hearts or glitter noses. Available in six colors.
- Classic Teddy Bears: Aurora’s classic teddy bear line, the new additions include Brindle, the Icy Bear Trio, Horace, Smokey, and Buxley.
September 9 is the inaugural National Care Bears #ShareYourCare Day, and to commemorate it, the Care Bears will be on location in the Bronx, N.Y., and teaming up with a local philanthropist to donate plush toys to children in need. Care Bears has also aligned with roughly 300 bloggers, known as the Care Bears #ShareYourCare Ambassadors, who will keep the conversation going to their audiences.
The crowdfunding site ToyBacker is set to introduce Knolly Nibbles, created by Michele Goren and brought to life by Team Knolly, comprised of toy designers, artists, composers, and more. According to ToyBacker, Goren created the character to teach children—and the child in every adult—that no matter who they are, where they come from, what they look like, or what they’ve been through, that they are beautiful just the way they are.