Aurora World Inc. will celebrate Raggedy Ann’s 100th birthday with the release of special edition, 16-inch Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy rag dolls. These new Stars and Stripes dolls each feature a red, white, and blue theme; exclusive 100th year embroidery; and commemorative hangtags on every doll. [Read more...]
Although Halloween just passed and we’re only heading toward the holiday season, sometimes its fun to think ahead. To get you through the dreary winter with thoughts of spring, Aurora World Inc. is offering more than 180 Easter- and spring-themed plush products highlighted by new designs and materials, extensions of lines, and extensive programs for its retail partners.
Featured products include the Lopsie Wopsie Bunny and Sweet & Softer collections, as well as Miyoni Unlikely Friends, an animal pairing for one of Aurora’s popular lines. Aurora and Hasbro have teamed up again to expand the Raggedy Ann doll collection with a new Gardener edition.
Plush toy and gift manufacturer, Aurora World, Inc., is known for doing big things in the retail world, especially to anticipate a holiday season. For its upcoming Valentine’s Day catalog Aurora is releasing new products, including fresh characters and variations of popular lines and licenses.
- Pink Promise Elephant – The loveable elephant is fashioned with super soft-tipped, two-tone fabric and has playful heart prints in its oversized ears. Pink Promise is available in four huggable sizes (10.5-inch, 12-inch, 14-inch, and 22-inch).
- YooHoo & Friends – Luvee, an endangered chimpanzee joins Aurora’s best-selling plush line as a three-color assortment. Luvee hugs a slightly askew heart, each with a different message, including “Love U,” “Be Mine,” and “XOXO!” Each 5-inch plush makes a smooch sound when squeezed.
- Butterball Bear – This unique huggable bear features a sweet and happy smile while offering a red rose to his sweetheart. He’s thsi soft plush is available in three sizes (10-inch, 14-inch, and 20-inch).
- Raggedy Ann “Sweet Dove” – This 2,400-piece limited-edition doll features a pink and brown truffle-inspired polka dot cotton dress with a detailed, embroidered apron. She’s sprinkled with satins, ribbons, and love doves embroidery, and the hangtag and sewn label are individually numbered for authentication. Each Raggedy Ann features the traditional “I Love You” heart embroidered on her chest.
- Sad Sam & Honey – This property stars two basset hounds. Aurora has expanded the line to include three embroidered message assortments on sparkled, velvet hearts: “I Love You,” “Puppy Love,” and “Be Mine.” The line expansion also includes large “Blushing” variations; paws rest on their blushing cheeks that, when squeezed, light up and make a smooch sound and an oversized feature tag doubles as a gift card.
Aurora products are available in more than 25,000 specialty stores and gift shops worldwide as well as online at shop.auroragift.com.
The Toy Book‘s July/August issue showcases new dolls for mass and specialty retail. We received dozens of submissions fit to print, beyond what fit on our printed pages. Here’s a look at a couple more!
Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy Collection
Aurora’s Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy Collection, based on the dolls originally created by Johhn Gruelle in 1918 for his daughter, features dolls in four different sized—eight, 12, 16, and 25 inches. Each features yarn hair with the classic loop style and has “I Love You” embroidered on the chest. Larger dolls have plastic eyes, while the smaller dolls have embroidered eyes.
The results are in and more than 20,000 Children’s Museum of Indianapolis online visitors and fans have voted for their favorite toys from the last century. It is all part of the “100 Toys (& their Stories) that Define Our Childhood” interactive in which the museum asked people to choose the top 20 toys to represent the last 100 years. This list of 20 iconic toys includes: G.I. Joe, Transformers, Lego Toys, Barbie, View-Master, Bicycle, Play-Doh, Crayons, Cabbage Patch Kids, Monopoly, Etch a Sketch, Spirograph, Hot Wheels, Candy Land, Lincoln Logs, Raggedy Ann, Little Golden Books, Mr. Potato Head, Roller Skates, and Silly Putty.
The public is once again invited to vote for their favorites among the top 20 to rank the toys, which will ultimately determine the Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners.
Voting to determine the final order for the top 20 runs through Sept. 7, and results will be announced to the public on September 11. To view the top 20 list of toys, vote, and share your own toy story, visit The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis online at www.childrensmuseum.org/100toys.
This post was originally written by Sierra McCleary-Harris and published by ToyBook.com. For more news, visit www.toybook.com, follow The Toy Book on Twitter, and like The Toy Book on Facebook. The Toy Book is a bimonthly trade magazine covering the toy industry, published by Adventure Publishing Group.
Aurora World Inc., announced more than 75 new releases for its mid-year catalog. The catalog features Aurora’s new styles, from the best selling Fancy Pals line and Miyoni collection to holiday editions of Aurora’s handmade Raggedy Ann and Andy plush doll line created under license from Hasbro, Inc.
Miyoni Mom & Baby features six new two-piece sets of jungle and domestic animals. These include a panda with cub, a giraffe with calf, a lioness with cub, a polar bear with cub, an orange tabby with a kitten, and a golden lab with a puppy. Aurora’s Pet Packs are used to carry additional plush toys featured in the catalog, including the tiger, monkey, dolphin, unicorn, kitten, and clown fish. The backpacks are kid-sized and designed to resemble the specific plush animals environment. Shop for Aurora products and others online at http://shop.auroragift.com
This post was originally written by Lindsay Gordon and published by ToyBook.com. For more news, visit www.toybook.com, follow The Toy Book on Twitter, and like The Toy Book on Facebook. The Toy Book is a bimonthly trade magazine covering the toy industry, published by Adventure Publishing Group.