The NPD Group announced the top selling toys of the year. Awards were shared with the recipients at Toy Fair, which took place in New York City. The awards were given to the manufacturers of the top-selling property and toy of 2017 in the U.S., as well as the top-selling toys by supercategory, according to NPD’s Retail Tracking Service.
The Top Property of the Year was awarded to Nerf from Hasbro, and the Top Selling Toy of the Year was awarded to L.O.L. Surprise! Doll Assortment from MGA Entertainment.
The Top Selling Toy Winners from each supercategory include:
• Action Figures & Accessories: Beyblade Starter Pack Assortment (Hasbro)
• All Other Toys: Antsy Labs Fidget Cube Assortment (Zuru)
• Arts & Crafts: Easy Bake Ultimate Oven Baking Star Player Set (Hasbro)
• Building Sets: Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag, 80 Pieces (Mattel)
• Dolls: L.O.L. Surprise! Doll Assortment (MGA Entertainment)
• Games & Puzzles: UNO Card Game Assortment (Mattel)
• Infant/Toddler/Preschool Toys: Paw Patrol Basic Vehicle & Pup Assortment (Spin Master)
• Outdoor Sports & Toys: Bunch O Balloons 3 Pack (Zuru)
• Plush: Hatchimals Pengualas Pink Egg Assortment (Spin Master)
• Vehicles: Hot Wheels Singles 1:64 Assortment (Mattel)
• Youth Electronics: Cozmo (Anki)