Toy Industry Association (TIA) will co-present a Toy Safety Seminar on October 18 in Shanghai, China as part of its ongoing commitment to industry education. Since 1996, the TIA has conducted such seminars to provide factories with information on the most up-to-date U.S. standards, testing, and conformance requirements. This year, representatives from the TIA, along with experts from Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the industry, will share their practical understanding of the requirements. CPSC Chairman Inez Tenenbaum will also give key presentation.
The upcoming Toy Safety Seminar will cover key toy safety information and U.S. compliance requirements such as:
- U.S. toy safety standards and regulations, including recent legislative changes and their impact on Chinese manufacturers and suppliers.
- The role of the CPSC as the lead U.S. government body responsible for monitoring and enforcing toy safety in the U.S.
- Necessary elements of a factory quality program.
- Emerging issues and hazards and how they are being addressed.
- Ensuring material safety and reporting.