ZeptoLab, the entertainment and gaming company behind the global mobile phenomenon Cut the Rope, is bringing even more ways for fans to interact with the lovable monster, Om Nom. Debuting at this year’s American International Toy Fair is Om Nom: Candy Flick, a new augmented reality game.
Om Nom: Candy Flick, available on Apple’s App Store, is unlocked via a special tag that can be found on a variety of Om Nom plush toys from toy partner, Round 5. Once downloaded, fans can bring Om Nom to life by positioning their smartphone or tablet’s camera on the tags and watch as he virtually pops out of the tag ready to devour his favorite treat: candy.
Round 5 will also be introducing the newest versions of Om Nom through a variety of plush, buildable playsets and collectible micro figures that will be available at Toys “R” Us stores in the U.S. and Canada in March. New plush toys include Pose ’n Play, Reversible, and DJ Plush that will all be equipped with augmented reality tags, plus a variety of mini plush. Om Nom’s Playground, a line of customizable builder sets, will also be introduced. With each set, players can strategically build a course to roll a candy toward Om Nom’s mouth. In addition, Nommies, collectible micro figures, will be offered with three-pack blind bags offering an exclusive digital Cut the Rope level pack. Nommies are also available in the trading card aisle at Walmart, Kmart, Toys “R” Us, and Meijer.
Additional licensees to roll out with Cut the Rope toy product include:
- Mega Brands puzzles – Range of puzzles including a new line featuring augmented reality content.
- Toy Galaxy – Novelty line of toy, game, and activity products.
- Sakar – Range of branded ear buds, headphones, cases/skins, and consumer electronics.
- Kellytoy – Amusement and plush crane toys.
- Innovative Concepts in Entertainment –Coin-operated, 100-percent skill-based merchandiser, plus an all-new touch screen game based on actual Cut the Rope gameplay (with a 42-inch touch screen).
Om Nom will also continue to leap beyond the toy world with a growing consumer products program that includes categories such as apparel, accessories, publishing, home, food and confectionery, footwear, and electronics. Studio Licensing Inc. and Established Brands are the assigned agents for North America.