With the second annual Toy Box Summit kicking off this past Wednesday in Anaheim, Calif., Disney Interactive announced details of the new Toy Box features, tools, and toys in Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition.
Available in North America on August 30, Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition features a brand new Toy Box Hub, where players can learn about different gameplay styles available inside the Toy Box. It also offers new community elements intended to further engage and connect Disney Infinity fans across the world.
New Toy Box features include:
• Flynn’s Arcade, which offers competitive multiplayer with other Disney Infinity 3.0 players at any time. Using a lobby-style multiplayer system, fans can also play with anyone online without having to wait for their friends to be online.
• El Capitan, which allows users to view episodes of Toy Box TV, preview and download community-made Toy Boxes, or hang out in the lobby of a landmark theater. When players are connected online and walk in the theater, they can easy access lots of new Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition content.
• Recruitable Townspeople Sidekicks that will support the player in combat, unlock exploration modes to help build in the Toy Box, and cultivate crops. These sidekicks can be given different jobs with customized gear or made more powerful by boosting their stats with the food and treats they grow.
• Farming, which lets players use farming to feed, clothe, and nurture Townspeople Sidekicks, and to guide them to plant, care for, and harvest crops to eat.
New Toy Box tools include:
• The Path Creator, which lets players create custom, controllable paths in the Toy Box that other toys, objects, friends, enemies, and more can travel along. This tool can also be used to create races, side-scrolling games, rail slides, and more.
• The Toy Dispenser, which allows players to instantly access toys instead of having to unlock them through game play.
• The Music Note Creator, which lets players make their own music by using instruments and toys to play various notes.
New Toy Box toys include:
• Main Street USA Storefronts and buildings, which give Toy Boxes the official look of Main Street USA with familiar elements such as Main Street lighting and turnstiles.
• Marshmallow, the guardian of Elsa’s Ice Palace in the movie Frozen, whom players can now add to their Toy Box.
• The Radio Disney Player (in North America only), which lets players enjoy a livestream of Radio Disney hits once they connect online and place this toy in their Toy Box.
• New vehicles such as the Mad Hatter’s Teacup, the Splash Mountain log, the Tron Light Cycle, and more.
All the figures and Power Discs from the first two games will be compatible in the enhanced Toy Box 3.0, allowing players to mix and match characters from across The Walt Disney Company.