At this year’s ASTRA Marketplace & Academy in Minneapolis, the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association introduced its 2021 leadership team.
The annual changing of the guard fills the spots vacated by members of the ASTRA board of directors whose three-year terms are coming to an end. This year, seven new members join the board for terms running 2021-2024. Additionally, Kevin McGrath has resigned as ASTRA board member and chair leading to the appointment of Jeanie Crone to his vacated position.
- Jeanie Crone, sales manager, Ojo Toys and Games
“It has been inspiring to see how ASTRA members have endured and revealed their creativity and resilience to get through these past 18 months,” Crone says. “I am honored to serve and lead as we emerge from the pandemic. Our association has so much to offer and I am excited about our future.”
The 2021 Executive Committee
- Jeanie Crone
- Amy Saldana
- Betty Skoke Burns
- Tom Rushton
- Corey Funkey
- Lisa Orman
ASTRA 2021-2024 Board Members
- TJ Simmons, national sales manager, Thin Air Brands
- Theresa Duncan, owner, Villa Villekulla Toy Store
- Azhelle Wade, The Toy Coach
- Brice Elvington, owner, The Toy Shop
- Patrick Holland, owner, Learning Express Toys of Chattanooga, Tennessee, and Mountain Top Toys (a Learning Express franchise)
- Sari Wiaz, president and creator, Baby Paper (Wize Choice Creations)
Calling all independent toy stores and specialty retailers! Have you checked out the Get List yet? The Get List is the Toy Book‘s exclusive, curated list of in-stock, fast-ship products that you can use to stock your shelves this season! Click here to check out what more than 100 manufacturers have in stock and ready to ship from U.S. warehouses!