An eleven-member expert panel nominated the three best products for each of the four age-group specific categories for Spielwarenmesse’s ToyAwards.
For this year’s ToyAward, 397 companies submitted 643 products to be considered for the awards, an increase from last year. The expert panel judged all submissions based on the criteria of gaming fun, originality, finish and quality, safety, comprehensibility of product concept, and potential success in the retail trade.
The nominees for the ToyAwards 2018 are:
Baby and Infant (0-3 years)
- Activity-Pinguin kuckuck/Coppenrath Verlag
- Kullerbü – Spielbahn Parkhaus/Habermaass
- Raki/Pars Pro Toto
Preschool (3-6 years)
- ARIA/Wise Toys
- MY WOODEN MAGNET NOTEBOOK/COMET NOVELTY
- Robo Chameleon/Silverlit Toys Manufactory
School Kids (6-10 years)
- FEBER MAD RACER/FAMOSA
- Oonies Inflator Starter Pack/Moose Toys
- Pepper Mint und das Baumhaus-Abenteuer/Thames & Kosmos
Teenager and Adults (10 years and older)
- 1:87 VW T1 Samba Bus 2.4G 100% RTR/TAMIYA-CARSON Modellbau
- Modellbahn im Aktenkoffer/NOCH
- Watercolor Waves Limited Edition Mermaid Tail & Monofin Set/Blue Spring Partners / DBA Fin Fun
The winners of the ToyAwards will be announced during the opening celebrations for the 69th Spielwarenmesse on Jan. 30. All nominated new products and the winners will be on display at the TrendGallery in Hall 3A.