As the appeal of events and experiences continues to grow, Hasbro and Kilburn Live are taking NERF on the road.
Set to open at the Event Deck at L.A. Live on Dec. 7, the NERF Challenge will immerse fans in a 50,000-square-foot play environment packed with challenges and experiences designed to engage players with NERF’s iconic blasters and sports products. The recently launched NERF Ultra will be among the featured blasters for the event.
“For the last 50 years, the NERF franchise has consistently redefined and reinvented the world of active play,” says Adam Kleinman, vice president of global brand strategy and marketing at Hasbro. “We are dedicated to providing fans with the products and experiences they want most, and NERF Challenge combines the best of both worlds to create a true interactive play experience that leverages the cutting-edge innovations NERF is known for.”
NERF Challenge Experiences include:
- Dodge Blast: Players can partner up to storm a fortified position held by friends using NERF blasters to score points on stationary targets — all while avoiding a barrage of darts;
- The Arenas: Combatants can grab a blaster for team-based play in one of three custom-themed, 4,500-square-foot NERF arenas: Urban Playground, Strange Cargo, and Blast Man Standing;
- Colossal Foosball: Players will enter a single plane of existence to compete with friends in a life-sized game of foosball;
- Wrecking Bowling: It’s bowling with a twist as players become a human wrecking ball with a single purpose: scoring the elusive strike; and
- Try-athlon Ninja Style Circuit Course: The ultimate test of speed and agility, this soft play obstacle course is designed to test participants’ athletic prowess.
The first-ever #NERF Challenge Experience will debut in Los Angeles this December thanks to a partnership between @Hasbro and Kilburn Live. Get the full details on the upcoming tour —> https://t.co/FZLm2V5g3y #WeKnowPlay pic.twitter.com/lv8MljrR6z
— The Toy Book (@ToyBook) October 17, 2019
“Simply stated, this is 50,000 square feet of over-the-top, zany, active play for all ages. At NERF Challenge, we have created a world of fun-filled, gamified play between parents and children, siblings, friends, and new friends,” says Mark Manuel, CEO at Kilburn Live. “This is something NERF fans have been dreaming about for decades, and with our partners at Hasbro, we are finally able to bring this adrenaline-filled event to life. We are putting guests into the ultimate action-sports experience. This will be pure, 100% fun, active play at its finest!”
Hasbro is among several companies working to bring its brands to families in new ways, including Family Entertainment Centers (FECs) and live tours, including one in development for Power Rangers via Kilburn.
“NERF Challenge is the first of many interactive entertainment spaces yet to come, which will bring ‘the world’s best play experiences’ from Hasbro to life for both kids and adults to enjoy,” says Casey Collins, senior vice president and general manager for Hasbro Consumer Products.
Tickets for the NERF Challenge will go on sale on Oct. 28. The tour will visit multiple cities in the U.S. and Canada over the next year.