The Hot Wheels Legends Tour is revving its engines for a return to live, in-person events.
Mattel revealed plans to continue the fourth annual tour as a hybrid of in-person and virtual events beginning this week and concluding in November. The Hot Wheels Legends Tour is a traveling car show that seeks real-life vehicles that have been “built not bought” in an effort to identify unique rides that can be inducted into the Hot Wheels Garage of Legends and be immortalized as a 1:64-scale mainline Hot Wheels die-cast toy.
The action continues as a virtual tour stop this Thursday, June 24. Presented in partnership with Road & Track and sponsored by Mobil 1, Walmart, Dynacraft, and Milestone S.r.l, the third stop in the North American leg of the tour will stream live on the Hot Wheels and Road & Track Facebook and YouTube pages beginning at 8:00 p.m. ET. Host Jarod DeAnda will be joined by co-host, professional racer and stunt driver Collete Davis, Road & Track executive editor Daniel Pund, Autoweek’s west coast editor and radio personality Mark Vaughn, along with Hot Wheels designers Phil Riehlman and Matt Gabe.
Updated Hot Wheels Legends Tour Schedule
- June 24: Virtual livestream
- July 10: Miami (in-person) at Walmart, Doral Florida. Hot Wheels Garage of Legends icons, including the Twin Mill, Bone Shaker, Deora II, and Midas Monkey, will be onsite. Additional experiences for fans of all ages will be available. Click here for event details.
- Aug. 7: Detroit (in-person)
- Aug. 26: Virtual livestream
- Sept. 18: Houston (in-person)
- Oct.9: In-person event and livestream from Hot Wheels HQ in El Segundo, CA
- Oct. 28: Global virtual livestream semi-finals No. 1
- Nov. 4: Global virtual livestream semi-finals No. 2
- Nov. 13: Global grand finale (in-person and livestream), location TBD
More information on the tour can be found at mattel.com.