Sol Armada, Warner Bros.; Juli Boylan, Spin Master Ltd.; David Diesendruck, Redibra; Omar Fajer, Univision Communications Inc.; Elias Fasja, Tycoon Enterprises S.A. de C.V.; Simo Hamalainen, Rovio Entertainment Corp.; and Ed LaBay, Hot Topic Inc. will begin terms effective July 1.
“Our seven new Board members were selected from among the biggest pool of candidates ever in Licensing International history. It was incredibly difficult to choose from among so many qualified, passionate executives,” says Licensing International President Maura Regan. “Each of these new members will bring unique expertise and perspective to the Board that will be invaluable as Licensing International plots its new course and continues to expand the ways in which it supports and serves our global industry.”
Cindy Levitt, senior vice president of licensing at Mad Engine, remains chairperson of the Board. Additionally, Jay Asher, partner at Brandgenuity, was re-elected by members of the Board of Directors as vice chairman for the second year of a two-year term; JJ Ahearn, managing director of Licensing Street LLC, was re-elected as board designate to the Executive Committee for a one-year term; and Celso Rafael, managing partner at Lotus Global was voted treasurer, also for a one-year term.
Continuing Licensing International Board members include:
- Liza Abrams, senior vice president, global licensing and marketing, Sakar International Inc.
- Naz Amarchi-Cuevas, chief commercial officer, SYBO Games
- Sam Ferguson, vice president, global licensing, Jazwares UK
- Marc Mostman, partner, Striker Entertainment
- Bill Patterson, vice president, OpSec Security Inc.
- Steve Scebelo, vice president, licensing & business development, NFLPA
- Jamie Stevens, executive vice president, worldwide consumer products, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Jason Sutton, vice president of licensing, Polaroid
- Takanori Ueno, general manager, licensing, Laura Ashley Japan Co., G.K.