From November 24 to December 21, Nintendo characters Mario, Luigi, and Pikachu will visit 16 malls across the country to offer holiday shoppers hands-on play time with new games for Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo 2DS. Visitors can also check out amiibo, Nintendo’s foray into the toys-to-life category.
Interactive spaces tailored for kids will feature a Mario Kart 8 tournament played on a large, high-definition display. Visitors can also play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The scheduled lineup of Wii U games also includes Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Super Mario 3D World, Skylanders: Trap Team, and Nintendo Land.
Meanwhile, Nintendo 3DS fans will be able to check out Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Mario Kart 7, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Tomodachi Life, Yoshi’s New Island, and more.
There will also be free giveaways while supplies last.
Nintendo’s holiday shopping experience will take place at the following locations:
- Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, Kan.
- Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale, Ariz.
- Queens Center in Elmhurst, N.Y.
- Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Va.
- Washington Square in Portland, Ore.
- Mall of America in Bloomington, Minn.
- Memorial City Mall at Memorial City in Houston
- The Florida Mall in Orlando
- Grapevine Mills in Grapevine, Texas
- King of Prussia in King of Prussia, Pa.
- South Shore Plaza in Braintree, Mass.
- Woodfield Mall in Schaumberg, Ill.
- Westfield North County in Escondido, Calif.
- Westfield Southcenter in Seattle
- Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara, Calif.
- Westfield Culver City in Culver City, Calif.