The Toy Book‘s sister publication, the Pop Insider, is blasting into spring with the release of its feature-packed ninth issue!
While members of the toy, game, licensing, and entertainment industries are still missing the thrill of conventions, the Pop Insider serves up a sneak peek at tons of must-have merch that fans and collectors can still get online this year, while also providing insights on how the geek industry is faring through COVID-19. The latest issue features in-depth features, company and cosplayer profiles, new product showcases, and so much more.
“We’ve been hard at work on this issue for months,” says Editor-in-Chief Marissa DiBartolo. “Typically, this magazine would be making its debut at C2E2 in Chicago and Emerald City Comic Con, and while we are so bummed that we won’t be seeing everyone at the cons, we are so happy to bring you some fandom-fueled fun to enjoy in the meantime!”
This issue of the Pop Insider also features a custom cover photo by noted toy photographer and occasional Toy Book collaborator Mitchel Wu. Toys featured (from left to right): Ghostbusters Plasma Series Peter Venkman Action Figure (Hasbro), Masters of the Universe Origins She-Ra Action Figure (Mattel), DC Multiverse Build-A 7-Inch Batman Figure (McFarlane Toys), Anime Heroes Naruto Uzumaki (Bandai America), Fortnite 7-Inch Deluxe Plastic Patroller Figure (McFarlane Toys), Power Rangers Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin Metallic Armor Pink Ranger Figure (Hasbro).
- We Miss the Movies: The Impact of COVID-19 on the Movie Theater Experience
- The Year(s) Without the Cons: The COVID-19 era continues to disrupt the live events space.
- Proton Accelerating Into the Afterlife: Ghostbusters fandom explodes as the Neutrona Wand is passed to a new generation.
- Making Fandoms Functional for the Geeks Who Grow Up: Toynk navigates a virtual world with merch for every fandom.
- Bring on the Curl Power: Shellanin uses #CurlyCosplay to redefine individuality.
- More Than a Figure, More Than a Pin: FiGPiN uses a fan-focused app and intentional design to build a passionate collector community.
- Step It Up: Keep your favorite fandoms close to heart with attention-grabbing looks.
New Merchandise Roundups:
- Game On: Tabletop Games Coming in 2021
- Collectible Craze: New Collectible Figures, Accessories & More
- Let’s Play: Toys & Games for the Next Generation
- Raya Takes Kids on Disney’s Next Epic Adventure: Kids can travel to Kumandra with Disney’s newest warrior.
- Bluey Has a Passport to Play: The Heeler family heads stateside with an imaginative toy line.
- Spring Reads for Young Fans: New books for budding members of many fandoms.
The spring 2021 issue of the Pop Insider is headed to subscriber mailboxes right now. In the meantime, readers can flip through it digitally at popinsider.com.
The Pop Insider is published by Adventure Media & Events, publisher of the Toy Insider, the leading consumer toy news and review website, as well as the Toy Book, the leading trade publication for the toy industry.