Time magazine has unveiled its list of the Best Inventions of 2021.
The rundown includes 100 products and service innovations that Time believes “are making the world better, smarter, and a little more fun.”
Curiously, the curated assortment of six toys and games that made the 2021 list includes some products released in 2020 and at least two items that won’t be released until 2022.
- LEGO Recycled Bricks — The LEGO Group
- Mega Cyborg Hand — Thames & Kosmos
- Playdate Game Console — Panic Inc. (coming in 2022)
- Purrble — Sproutel
- Steam Deck — Valve (coming in 2022)
- Story Time Chess — Story Time Chess
Additionally, the toy-adjacent Sphero Indi coding set scored a spot under Education while the Intelino Smart Train from Innokind — which debuted at CES 2019 — received an honorable mention.