More than 500 executives in toys, licensing, and entertainment honored women leaders at the 12th Annual Wonder Women Awards Gala, Celebrating 26 Years of Women in Toys in New York City. The event, hosted by Women in Toys (WIT), awarded 12 distinguished winners from more than 50 nominees around the world.
Among the Wonder Women Gala Award Winners, WIT presented awards to special honorees, including the Founders Award, Game Changer Award, and Wonder Girl Award.
Wonder Women Awards Gala Winners:
- Manufacturer: Cat Demas, vice president & global business head, Preschool Girls Spin Master
- Rising Star: Laura Guilbault, director of product & marketing strategy for Disney Princess and Frozen, Hasbro
- Public Relations: Tara Tucker, vice president of global marketing communications, Spin Master
- Designer/Inventor: Jacqui Tobias, director and head of girls product development, Moose Toys
- Licensing & Entertainment: Joan Grasso, vice president of licensing North America, Entertainment One
- Marketing: Kimberly Willis Boyd, vice president of U.S. marketing, gaming & partner brands, Hasbro
- Social Responsibility: Joan Lawrence, Senior vice president of Standards & Regulatory Affairs, TIA
- Social Influencer: Melissa & Gracie Hunter, Mommy & Gracie Show/Family Video Network
- Retailer: Anne Marie Kehoe, Vice President of Toys, Walmart
- Founders Award: Anne Pitrone and Susan Matsumoto, founders of WIT 25 years ago
- Game Changer Award: Mattel for the evolution of its Barbie brand with the recent expansion of the Barbie Fashionistas.
- Wonder Girl Award: Sydney and Toni Loew, two young toy making entrepreneurs and the creators of Poketti pocket plush