Blue Plate Media Services (BPMS) is celebrating its 20th anniversary.
Led by President and CEO David Becker, BPMS provides media services for companies in the toy, game, gaming, entertainment, publishing, and consumer products industries in North America. The company is known for its strong emphasis and expertise in youth and family marketing.
“We are so excited and proud to celebrate our big 20th anniversary,” Becker says. “We started this business in 2000 to serve members of The Toy Association. From the start, our role was straightforward: to provide honest industry insights and guidance to the toy and sporting goods industries so they could better navigate the media landscape. We’ve always believed in a healthy mix of media, but over the years, through two decades of agency benchmarking and enhancing our media mix measurement tools, we have expanded and grown into new and effective marketing channels, driving clients’ brands through measured visibility, engagement, and conversion to sales.”
BPMS recently hosted its 13th annual Blue Plate Media Lounge at Toy Fair New York. During the event, members of the BPMS team presented a number of programs designed to help attendees build tactical media strategies for the coming year, including a keynote address: “TV+Digital: The Point of No Return.”
During the event, BPMS offered five key strategies companies should consider in this changing media landscape. Read them below.
- Remember to identify your core audience and campaign goals, align your messaging with your priority distribution retail partners, and run your campaign across brand-safe, relevant channels that resonate with your core audience and deliver your brand message.
- You must understand the change in behavior if you’re going to embrace changing behavior. Understand the impact of the change and the reduced ability to reach kids.
- Media fragmentation is splintering audiences and attention across the board. It’s not TV then digital or digital then TV. They must work together. Digital is relevant and able to drive deep engagement. TV drives efficient reach against broad targets.
- When and how should you invest in media to drive your kid and family brands? Where do you start? Start with reach. Brand building is achieved by optimizing reach against a broad target. Reach is always the main driver of growth. A media mix that is out of alignment will drive higher frequency than required and not enough reach against your target. When reach flattens and frequency accelerates, it’s time to shift your platform allocation and investment.
- There is no magic in media. There is not one digital or TV format that can reach everybody. The right mix of cross-channel marketing can drive reach far beyond what one medium can do alone. Most toy companies have not adapted to this new reality. The magic is in the mix. And in the transparency of your partners.