People of Play (POP) — formerly ChiTAG — is launching a virtual networking event next month.
POP Into Spring Week seeks to celebrate and empower toy and game industry innovation through a week of digital networking, workshops, masterclasses, and entertainment. Taking place March 1-5, each day will be packed with content and events, including on-demand panels with industry experts that will also be available in live Zoom rooms for Q&A sessions throughout the week. POP Into Spring Week coincides with the launch of the new POP Database, a searchable directory of people, companies, and products in the toy, game, and play industry. POP Into Spring Week is free for POP Database members with a Pro-level profile.
“This spring event is just the beginning of what will be possible for the toy and game industry now that it is connected through a singular database,” says People of Play Founder Mary Couzin. “We are using this week to exemplify the type of connection that the database will make possible all the time.”
POP Into Play Week Schedule
- Monday: Inventors: Pro, New, and Student featuring Rebecca Bleu and Nicholas Cravotta of Bluematter Games
- Tuesday: PR Marketers, Influencers, and Media featuring Tracy Dudkiewicz of TAP Marketing, Erin O’Connor of Scientific Mommy, and Brilliant PR & Marketing
- Wednesday: Retailers, Distributors, and Reps featuring Richard Derr of Learning Express and Steve Starobinsky of Kid@Heart
- Thursday: Suppliers featuring Matt Nuccio of Design Edge, Bob Witkin of York Jersey Underwriters, and Gary Rudell of Total Biz Fulfillment
- Friday: Licensing and Industry Overview featuring Steph Wissink of Jefferies, Gerrick Johnson of BMO Capital Markets, and Reyne Rice of ToyTrends
A virtual “POPPub” will be open around the clock during POP Into Play Week for attendees to engage in happy hours and other gatherings with industry friends and colleagues.
For more information and to view a developing schedule, visit the People of Play website.