Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment are celebrating the annual “Back to the Future Day” holiday with a massive lineup of new products that honor 35 years of the cinematic franchise.
Launched alongside a host of fan-created content and the new 4K Ultra HD release of Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy, the new product assortment includes toys and collectibles from licensees including Playmobil, Mattel, Hasbro, Funko, Jada Toys, Super7, NECA, and others. The promotion is anchored with a dedicated Amazon storefront with exclusive products spread across retail partners including Walmart, Target, and more.
“Very few franchises in Hollywood history have shown the kind of staying power of Back to the Future,” says Bob Gale, co-writer, co-producer, and co-creator of the trilogy. “To be celebrating 35 years of this iconic film series— through incredible product collections and fan-created content from around the world — is truly a testament to the heart of the film itself. Yes, it’s a sci-fi adventure, but it’s also about family and the fans’ emotional connection to the characters – which is something everyone can relate to, no matter what generation or time-traveling decade you’re from.”
Some highlights of the new toys and collectibles being offered can be viewed below.
Amazon’s dedicated Back to the Future storefront, includes exclusive products that will be on-sale beginning at 12 p.m. ET today while supplies last. Consumers can check out using smile.amazon.com/backtothefuture and select the “Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research” as their charity choice to benefit Fox’s organization. Exclusive items are limit one per customer.
- Mattel: Hot Wheels 1:64-scale Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine; Back to the Future Hoverboard set (Exclusive)
- Loungefly: Back to the Future 4-Pin set; Backpack; and DeLorean moveable pin (Exclusive)
- Jada Toys: 1:32-scale Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine in special packaging (Exclusive)
- Super 7: Back to the Future II Griff Tannen Alternate Card Back Exclusive ReAction Figure (Exclusive)
- Factory Entertainment: Back to the Future II Pitbull Bottle Opener; Keychain + Pin Set
- Playmobil Back to the Future Advent Calendar
- Funko Boxed Tee + POP! Figure: Back to the Future – Marty McFly with Hoverboard (In-store exclusive)
- Funko Boxed Tee: Back to the Future – Doc Brown Comic (Exclusive)
- Funko POP! & Buddy: Back to the Future Doc with Einstein (Exclusive)
- Funko Back to the Future Enamel Pin Set; Lunch Box; and Mini Backpack (Exclusive)
- Ravensburger Back to the Future: Dice Through Time game (Exclusive)
- Funko Back to the Future 35th Anniversary Lunch Box (In-store exclusive)
- NECA Back to the Future Ultimate Tales from Space Marty action figure (Exclusive)
- NECA Life-Size Plush Hoverboard (Exclusive)
- NECA RC DeLorean Time Machine (Exclusive)
- Cardinal Blockbuster Back to the Future II Puzzle (Exclusive)
Additional New Products
- Funko Pop! Blitz mobile game: Starting Nov. 11, Back to the Future will be featured as the special in-game event of the week, and players will be able to collect their favorite Back to the Future characters, such as Marty McFly and Doc Brown.
- Hasbro Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt Action Figure + IDW comic book series
- Scalextric Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine slot car
- Funkoverse: Back to the Future game and Back to the Future: Back in Time game
- Hallmark Back to the Future Marty McFly Ornament with Sound and DeLorean Time Machine
For more on the 35th anniversary of Back to the Future, check out this feature from the February 2020 issue of the Toy Book!