Another installment of Toy Fair New York is behind us, and we’re already looking ahead to the next one. The Toy Association has the 117th North American International Toy Fair set to take place one week later than usual — from Saturday, Feb. 22 to Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. As always, The Toy Book had a major presence at this year’s event, marked by the release of its biggest issue of the year — the annual Toy Fair edition.
Recapping this year, Toy Fair brought together more than 26,000 professionals from 98 countries for the largest toy trade show in the Western Hemisphere. With exhibits spanning more than eight football fields, toymakers showcased hundreds of thousands of new toys and games across 447,300 net square feet of exhibit space.
“Buyers from around the world, and toy, play, and licensing professionals came to unleash their outer business executive and inner child at this year’s Toy Fair New York!” says Steve Pasierb, president and CEO of The Toy Association. “With a sold-out, energetic show, every square inch of the Javits Center was used for order-writing, networking, trend-spotting, professional development opportunities, in-booth demos and reveals, and much more. Toy Fair New York is the gateway to toy aisles this holiday season, and drives the $28 billion U.S. toy market and influences markets around the world.”
Toy Fair New York 2019 by the Numbers:
- 1,038 exhibiting companies
- 8,300+ retail buyers
- 3,000 retail outlets represented
- 22 of the top 25 toy sellers in the U.S. attended
- 10,600 retailers, wholesalers, entertainment executives, importers, and buying groups in attendance.
- Nearly 1,000 print journalists, broadcast reporters, YouTube influencers, and bloggers attended.
- 191,000,000+ impressions of the #TFNY official hashtag over four days.
- 97,000+ social media posts during the show.
- 30+ educational sessions, presentations, and workshops, including the Creative Factor educational series.
Top Five Countries Not Including the U.S. & Canada:
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
The Toy Association’s annual long-lead marketplace, Toy Fair Dallas, will take place October 2 to 4, 2019 in Dallas, Texas.