Source: NickMom press release
At a press conference in New York City, Nickelodeon announced its slate of programming for NickMom, to premiere this fall on Nick Jr. Nickmom’s development slate includes a mix of talk shows, stand-up, sketch comedy, hidden camera, game shows, and more:
- A hybrid sketch/talk series starring and executive produced by comedian and actress Caroline Rhea and Emily Cohen (Title TBD).
- It’s Nighttime with Annabelle Gurwitch – A new breed of talk show that looks at the world through Gurwitch’s unique mom-colored glasses, executive produced by Gurwitch and Elyse Roth (former The Daily Show producer).
- The 5th Hour – A scripted comedy show inspired by morning news shows and hosted by mom comics in the roles of the news team. Executive produced by Mad Cow Productions (Madeleine Smithberg, executive producer of The Daily Show with John Stewart), Sarah North, and Jordan Tilzer (Roar).
- The Judi & Kate Show – A real-life, modern-day Laverne and Shirley, these two mom video bloggers have a lot to say, and the worldwide web is listening. The Judi & Kate Show is a show within a show, going inside their world for their own unique take on motherhood. The show is executive produced by Coolfire Productions (Welcome to Sweetie Pies).
- Mommy Double – Because every mom wishes she had a twin helper, we bring in a mommy double to get the job done… or at least try to. The show is executive produced by Magda Liolis and Eileen Braun (Figure It Out, Bet the House).
- Oblivious – A game show contestants don’t know they are on, where unsuspecting moms get the chance to answer trivia for cold hard cash. The show is executive produced by Scott Stone (Stone and Company, Brain Surge).
- My 63 Moms – Completely uneducated about babies, comic and first-time mom Andrea Rosen turns to moms across the country to tell her everything they think she needs to know, and then some. The show is executive produced by Linda Schaeffer and Barbara Kanowitz Small, with Andrea Rosen.
- Road Mamas – This docu-series follows three stand-up comedian moms and eight kids in one RV, where they buckle up for a funny, messy ride. The show is executive produced by Chris Debeic/Triternal Studios.
This post was originally written by Elizabeth A. Reid and published by ToyBook.com. For more news, visit www.toybook.com, follow The Toy Book on Twitter, and like The Toy Book on Facebook. The Toy Book is a bimonthly trade magazine covering the toy industry, published by Adventure Publishing Group.