The Toy Association finalized the formalization of its Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
The Committee is supposed to help build awareness of and provide best practices for creating diversity within toy companies’ missions, workforce, products, and content development.
“Educating the toy community and advancing best practices in achieving all forms of diversity is a priority within The Toy Association’s strategic blueprint,” says Steve Pasierb, president and CEO of The Toy Association. “This group of exceptional toy and youth entertainment professionals will help the industry foster cultures where unique perspectives are welcomed and embraced.”
The Committee is co-chaired by Laurel Wider, founder of Wonder Crew, and Jodi Norgaard, founder of Go! Go! Sports Girls.
- Serving as a resource to the toy industry on diversity, representation, equity, and inclusion;
- Celebrating companies with hiring/staffing practices, products, packaging, and marketing campaigns that inspire positive social change as it applies to inclusion, representation, and diversity; and
- Creating educational opportunities for Toy Association member companies to learn more about how to make their companies more diverse and inclusive.
- Bryony Bouyer, senior vice president, diversity and inclusion & multi-cultural strategies, Hasbro Inc.;
- Kimberly Culmone, senior vice president of design, Mattel Inc.;
- Gerald A. Fernandez, president and founder, Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance;
- Jay Francis, vice president of current series and diversity, Disney Television Animation;
- Mark Moynihan, senior key account director for Target, LEGO Systems Inc.;
- Genna Rosenberg, founder and CEO, GennComm LLC; and
- Rosemarie Truglio, senior vice president of curriculum and content, Sesame Workshop.
The Toy Association’s Marian Bossard, executive vice president of global market events, and Adrienne Appell, senior director of strategic communications, will act as staff liaisons for the Committee.
Members interested in joining or learning more about any of The Toy Association’s Committees may contact Bernadette Boyle, senior membership manager.