Disney Interactive has released the schedule and details on its Disney Infinity Toy Box Summit, to be held at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif., ahead of this year’s D23 Expo 2015. Through August 13, Toy Box Artists from around the world will gather for an in-depth exploration of the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Toy Box mode. Other events include an opportunity to meet the developers from Avalanche Software, a Toy Box building competition, and more.
The full schedule for both days is as follows:
Wednesday, August 12
• Toy Box Summit keynote, featuring John Blackburn, senior vice president and general manager, Avalanche Software; John Vignocchi, vice president, production, Disney Infinity; and Allison Petrek, lead community manager, Disney Infinity.
• Toy Box Showdown, featuring a mix of Toy Box community and team members taking audience suggestions on what to build.
• The Spotlight on Toy Box 3.0 panel, featuring Disney Infinity game director Bob Lowe and community mentors Troy Johnson and Patrick Efird, who will detail the new features available in Toy Box 3.0.
• The Becoming a Toy Box Artist panel, featuring Avalanche Software community mentors.
• The Starting Your Own Channel panel, showcasing top personalities from Twitch, YouTube, and the Disney Infinity community team who will discuss how they first got started and share tips for creating gaming content.
At the conclusion of the panels, Toy Box Artists will be teamed up with a Toy Box Mentor to compete in a Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition building competition. They will have all afternoon and evening to build the best Toy Boxes possible.
Thursday, August 13
• The community will be invited back for the Toy Box 3.0 Competition Showcase, in which teams will show off their creations by playing in their Toy Boxes. A panel of judges will announce a winner based on theme, design, gameplay, and creativity.
• In addition, the community will be invited to vote either via a social media hashtag campaign or Disney Insider poll, and their pick will be announced one week later.
The Toy Box Summit events are scheduled to take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., PT, on August 12 and 13 in front of a live audience. Viewers at home can tune in to watch the livestream on Twitch, and are encouraged to use #DisneyInfinity on Twitter to submit questions, vote for winning Toy Boxes, and more.