The Hershey Co. is expanding its general merchandise business further into toys and games.
Hershey and its North American licensing agent, Brand Activation Consulting, confirmed new licensing agreements with a variety of top companies and up-and-coming companies. Under the new agreements, famous candy brands, including Hershey’s, Reese’s, Twizzlers, Jolly Rancher, and Hershey’s Kisses will come to toy departments over the next year while some are already hitting the market.
“Fans of beloved brands from The Hershey Co. now have even more ways to celebrate their favorite sweets with plush toys, puzzles, and games with offerings from some of the most popular toy and recreational companies on the market,” says Brand Activation Consulting CEO Michelle McLaughlin.
New Partner Deals:
- Jazwares’ Kellytoy division will produce a collection of every day and seasonal plush, both fully branded and co-branded with Squishmallows;
- Funko is creating Pop! Vinyl figures and other consumer products;
- ZURU has added Hershey’s products to series 3 of its 5 Surprise Mini Brands;
- Spin Master will produce branded games and puzzles;
- YWOW is creating novelty-sized mini-puzzles and inflatables;
- and Five Below will offer Gener8 collectibles and food play toys.
Hershey’s brands have been done as toys many times in the past, but this latest raft of licensing deals is part of a bigger push from the company to grow its licensing business this year.