Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment (WIT) revealed six new members that have been elected to serve on its board of directors this year.
“Our 2021 WIT Board appointments are now complete. These powerful leaders each bring a unique set of skills and talents that will drive our mission forward,” says WIT President Janice Ross. “The work we do at WIT to advance women in toys, licensing, and entertainment has never been more important than in today’s volatile business environment, where we’re losing women in the workplace due to fallout from the pandemic.”
New WIT Board Members Elected to Serve Their First Term:
- Amy Thompson, executive vice president and chief people officer, Mattel
- Kristi Wasmer, senior vice president, retail sales and marketing, ViacomCBS
- Michelle Weber, senior sales executive, Toy’n Around
- Shawn Smith, director of public relations, Warner Bros.
- Angelina Castro, director of marketing, Jazwares
- Kristin Lecour, co-vice president, consumer products and vice president, distribution, 9Story Media Group
The new board members were chosen in two rounds of appointments in January and August.
“Their innovative ideas, expertise, and passion for our mission and vision further strengthen the profound impact we’re having on our industry,” Ross says.
More information about this year’s board appointments can be found at the WIT website.