After evaluating 772 toys from 442 exhibitors, Spielwarenmesse eG has revealed the nominees for the 2020 ToyAwards.
The annual ToyAwards will take place at the 71st Spielwarenmesse international toy fair, which will be held from Jan. 29-Feb. 2 at Germany’s Nuremberg Exhibition Centre. A celebration of outstanding innovation in toys, the ToyAwards is viewed as a benchmark for both buyers and retailers across four age-specific groups and the new startup category. Categories include baby and infant (ages 0-3), preschool (3-6), school kids (6-10), and teenagers and adults (10 and up). The startup category honors products from companies that are less than five years old.
This year’s nominees are:
Baby & Infant (0-3 years)
- Baby Walker Whale (Legler)
- Play & Crawl Hedgehog Mirror (Mattel)
- Playmobil 1.2.3 Aqua (Playmobil)
Preschool (3-6 years)
- Knight’s Castle Ball Track (Gollnest & Kiesel)
- MAN TGS Street Sweeper (Bruder Spielwaren)
- Mini Chef Bird’s Nest Café (Jet Young International)
School Kids (6-10 years)
- Balloon Puncher (Silverlit Toys)
- Green Science (Science4U)
- Octopus Party (Trefl)
Teenagers & Adults (10 years and older)
- Mystery House: Adventures in a Box (Cranio Creations)
- Proxi – Your micro:bit Coding-Robot (Franckh-Kosmos)
- UNO Braille (Mattel)
- Calculix Number Bricks (ESM Visions)
- Pigcasso (Kade)
- PIXIO (Trendformer)
Winners of the ToyAwards will be revealed at a special presentation on Jan. 28, the night before Spielwarenmesse opens its doors. All nominees will be on display at the PressPreview in the morning and at the TrendGallery in Hall 3A for the entire fair.