Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live: Crushing It! is a new, six-episode, syndicated series that takes viewers behind the scenes of the inaugural Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live tour. Hosted by Tommy Kane (Black Lightning) and Kristen Beat (NBC Sports, Fox Sports), the unscripted series looks at the trucks, drivers, and fans, in addition to dishing the details on how Mattel‘s Hot Wheels team worked to bring their toys to life.
“I’ve worked in the motorsports entertainment business for 25 years and this is the best Monster Truck television show ever produced,” says Ken Hudgens, president and CEO of Raycom-Legacy Content Company. “We’re giving our fans unprecedented access to a Monster Truck tour and giving them a look under the hood to see what makes these drivers and trucks so entertaining.”
The six 30-minute episodes will begin airing in nearly 100 markets this month and will continue showing through October.
Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live: Crushing It! episodes include:
- Take a look at the first Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live event and meet Bone Shaker, Tiger Shark, V8 Bomber, Hot Wheels Racing No. 1, Demo Derby, and Bigfoot – the original Monster Truck.
- Mattel designers show what it takes to design a Hot Wheels Monster Truck Toy and viewers take a tour of the Hot Wheels garage.
- Show host Tommy Kane learns how to drive Hot Wheels Racing No. 1 and maybe even crush a car.
- Hang out with Demo Derby driver Derick Anson, FMX superstar Cody Elkins, and get a Backstage Pass to find out what goes into producing a Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live event.
- Find out how the legendary Bigfoot was created with owner Bob Chandler, and get a sneak peek into the annual Bigfoot Open House.
- Demo Derby visits Victory Junction, a camp for children with serious or chronic medical conditions, and Tommy Kane becomes a Super Fan at a Hot Wheels Monster Truck Live event.
Mattel and Raycom-Legacy Content Company launched the Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live tour earlier this year, with more dates continuing to be added. Next year, the tour will head to Europe for the first time, as part of a newly inked partnership with Live Nation.