This August, Round 2 will begin to unleash a fleet of familiar starships from a galaxy far, far away.
For the reissues, Round 2 pulled from the AMT and MPC tooling bank to update classic ships for release with an improved part fit and updated details. The sets will feature expanded decal sheets and ship in reproduction vintage packaging.
The line will expand in December with an all-new, 1:72-scale kit of the Razor Crest, the ship piloted by bounty hunter Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal), the titular Mandalorian. The glue-together kit includes optional landing gear, open or closed entry cargo ramps, and a detailed cockpit featuring the Mandalorian and Grogu aka Baby Yoda or The Child.
“Our customers know they can expect the same amount of energy and attention to detail to be put into these great kits as they have seen with all of our other models,” says Round 2 CEO and President Tom Lowe.
At the recent Wonderfest event, Round 2 offered a preview of the updated kits amid a walkthrough of its other new model offerings.
2021 AMT and MPC Star Wars Model Assortment
- Snap-together X-wing model kit with expanded decal sheet and sticker option included (August)
- Snap-together B-wing model kit with expanded decal sheet and sticker option included (August)
- Glue-together AT-AT model kit with expanded leg articulation and includes laser canons and Snowspeeders (September)
- Boba Fett’s Slave I Starship model kit with opening panels and a pilot figure of Boba Fett and Han Solo frozen in Carbonite (October)
- Darth Vader’s TIE Fighter model kit with updated top and bottom hatch details and new Darth Vader pilot figure (November)
- Millennium Falcon model kit with updated shorter sidewalls, engine grill detail, and all-new radar dish (November)
- Glue-together Mandalorian Razor Crest with The Mandalorian and Grogu (December)
More information about the new sets and other Round 2 brands, including Auto World and Johnny Lightning can be found at round2corp.com.