As we close out 2022, The Toy Book is taking its annual look back on the year that was.
The news cycle is always an interesting beast because you can’t predict which stories are going to resonate with readers. Additionally, while our “most-read” lists are presented in order by traffic, all of these stories are very close together when it comes to the actual number of readers. That means that just a few hundred eyeballs can make a difference between cracking the charts or not.
Check out the Top 30 stories of 2022 below — some of them may surprise you!
- Jazwares Reveals First Look at the New Pokémon Squishmallows at SDCC
- Mattel Debuts Monster High Haunt Couture Collection
- ZURU Launches 5 Surprise Foodie Mini Brands Inspired by Fast-Food Favorites
- EXCLUSIVE: ZAG, Burger King Team Up for ‘Miraculous’ King Jr. Meal Promotion
- It’s Official: Toy Fair New York 2022 is Canceled
- EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Enlists Hasbro, Funko, LEGO for Marvel Mech Strike Monster Hunters Launch
- Eaglemoss Hero Collector Reportedly Goes Bankrupt
- EXCLUSIVE: ZURU’S 5 Surprise Mini Brands Disney Store Edition Set for Target Launch
- EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Introduces Black Panther Legacy Collection with Hasbro Reissues
- EXCLUSIVE: The Toy Association Reimagines Toy Fair New York as a Fall Event Beginning in 2023
- MGA Entertainment Launches New Rainbow High Pacific Coast Fashion Doll Line
- The Toy Foundation Crowns 2022 Toy of the Year (TOTY) Award Winners [FEB. EDITION]
- Moose Toys Reveals First Look at New Octonauts Toy Line
- ChizComm Founders Exit Company, End Involvement with Genius Brands
- ZAG’S ‘Miraculous’ Joins the Fight Against Plastic Waste
- ASTRA Toy Boat Sets Sail for 2023 Winter Trade Show
- Marshall Retail Group Opens Sodopop Concept Store in Collaboration with Funko, MoPop
- Warren James, Dawko Introducts Hex x Five Nights at Freddy’s Plush Collection
- The Ghouls Return as Monster High Creeps Back into Walmart
- Amazon Debuts 2022 “Toys We Love” List
- Hasbro Names Chris Cocks as CEO, Eric Nyman as President and COO
- MGA Entertainment Launches Bratz Minis, Bratz Mini Cosmetics to Kick Off the MiniVerse
- Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway to Acquire Jazwares Owner Alleghany Capital
- Mattel Wins Back Disney Doll License from Hasbro
- JAKKS Pacific, Paramount Pictures Preview Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Toys, Costumes
- Masters of the Universe 40th Anniversary He-Man Revealed Among More Than 20 New MOTU Action Figures
- Funko Teams Up with GameStop and Make-A-Wish to Celebrate World Wish Day
- Spin Master Answers the Call for Disney’s Firebuds Toy Line
- MGA Entertainment Teases Rainbow High Spinoff, Shadow High
- In Memoriam: Amparo Serrano, Distroller Founder
For an even deeper insight into the stories that mattered, check out our monthly Toy Book Top 10 lists for a look at some of the buzziest topics in the business!
Want to get involved with The Toy Book in 2023? Check out our editorial calendar for issue themes and content details. While the editorial deadline for the 2023 edition of The BIG Toy Book has passed, advertising and marketing opportunities are still available.